Due to a number of security-related events in the past, the University collects key access information every time the web servers of the University of Passau are accessed. Depending on access log used, data records may include the following information:
- The IP address of the computer sending the request
- Date and time of the request
- Access method/function requested by the computer sending the request
- Data transferred by the computer sending the request (filename, etc.)
- Access status of the web server (file sent, file not found, command not run, etc.)
- The requested filename
This data is exclusively used to identify and trace unauthorised access and access attempts to the web server. Under no circumstances will this data be used for any purposes other than ensuring data security; specifically, they will not be used to conduct any user-related statistical analyses. The logged data are retained for a period of 7 days, before they are deleted.
E-mail is not a secure communication method, as it is susceptible to interception, rerouting, viewing and modification by knowledgeable Internet users. If you wish to communicate sensitive information by e-mail, we ask that you send only encrypted e-mails.
If you send us an e-mail, we will use your e-mail address only for the purpose of communicating with you. Please tell us if you do not wish to receive a reply by e-mail, indicating an alternative means of communication.